Re: RP vs. Production Materials

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 04:02:24 EEST

>I'm trying to create a database comparing materials used in rapid
>prototyping to production materials.

Dear Bill,

    I'm a little concerned that some people may feel that I'm trumpeting my
book too much on the list in the last couple of days. But you have asked
about something that relates to a part of the book that I am most proud of.

    In the chapter on materials there is a paid of tables that present a
parallel set of data on common materials (e.g., Nylon, steel, glass,
diamond, wood, etc.) and on fabber materials (for SLA, FDM, LOM, etc.).
Unfortunately, the fabber material table has not been updated in several
years, but it would give you a place to start. Comparing the tables allows
you to compare fabber properties to production properties (modulo recent
improvements in fabber materials). If you don't already have it you can get
info on the book by going to our Web site and clicking on "Expertise."

    Best of luck with your research.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns

Marshall@Ennex.com
Ennex Corporation, Los Angeles, USA, (310) 824-8700
www.Ennex.com