Re: Need Help Finding RP Info

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 17:01:52 EEST

Elaine,

    Thanks for referring James Stewart to my book for historical information
on the industry. But allow me to correct your impression that no one has
carefully studied the impact of fabbers on businesses and the economy. My
chapter on "Economic and Sociological Impact" includes a section contributed
by Ravi Kumar of the USC Business School on how fabbers will transform
manufacturing from mass production, through today's paradigm of mass
customization, and on to a new paradigm that he calls customer
coconstruction.

    We have been doing further research on this and, although we haven't yet
announced it in a major way, you can find something about it on our Web
site. Go to www.Ennex.com/publish/FAB-ulous.sht and either scroll down or
search text for "value chain." This page has the slides of my newest
presentation and the section on "Changes in the Value Chain" discusses how
the impact of fabbers on manufacturing compares to the impact of the
Internet on distribution. I'd be happy to have feedback from list members on
the ideas discussed there.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns

Marshall@Ennex.com
Ennex Corporation, Los Angeles, USA, (310) 824-8700
www.Ennex.com