RP Knuckle joints

From: Michelle Soltysik (mds162@psu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 23:52:32 EEST

Dear RP list,

I am in search of information concerning the rapid prototyping of artificial
knuckle joints in the human hand. Specifically, I am looking for any
information regarding:
1. a method of obtaining the dimensions of the joints
2. a material best suited for the joint replacement
3. a RP method which is best suited for the task

The factors I am considering include:
1. fatigue life of the RP joints
2. compatibility of the material with the human body and any possible
dissolution in the human body
3. strength
4. surface finish for the interior surface of the joint

Any information or suggestions on websites, articles, etc. is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Michelle Soltysik

Michelle D. Soltysik