re: file conversions

From: Flint Buchanan (flint@vdl.visart.uga.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 19:13:26 EEST

At the university of Georgia we have been converting dxf files into stl
through 3D studio max...we import as dxf from Maya and export from 3D
studio max, after using it's stl-check utility...having never dealt with
the other 2D files, I can't even say that they could be
converted....if there are some inherent issues raised with this
process, I would be appreciative of any input from
the industry.

Flint Buchanan
The University of Georgia
Franklin College of Art and Design