Re: Rapid Tooling, RTV, and FAQ

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 00:58:40 EEST

Najeeb;
My company Fusion Engineering is a licensee for the 3D Keltool process. We
have capability to produce the parts you need using the 3D Keltool process.
We have done quite a few jobs using glass filled resins and have found the
moldlife to be pretty much eaual to P20 steel. Which could easily run at
least 150 thousand shots in 30% glass fill material. Further the cavities can
be hardened and surface treated to extend the life even further. Our typical
delivery on inserts only is 8-10 days FOB Rockford IL. If we have to model
the parting lines and produce SLA master patterns the delivery goes up to
10-12 days. We also have manufacturing capacity problems when it comes to
building the moldbase and finishing the inserts internally. But I have
several partner shops around the country who would be available to finish the
molds. Typical delivery for everything is usually 4-5 wks. We can also sample
the molds if neccessary. The cost is aprox. $30usd per cubic inch for the
inserts and about half that for the SLA master patterns and engineering. The
inserts are supplied with no ejector or screw holes drilled, with .010"-.015"
finishing stock on all outside surfaces. The cavity details are typically
finished. To find out more about 3D Keltool visit our website at
www.fusionrpt.com or www.3Dsystems.com. Feel free to contact us or Email us
cad files and we would be happy to quote to you whatever level of service you
need.
regards
Bob Morton
Partner / Director of Technology
Fusion Engineering / Industrial Molds Inc.
Email bmorton@industrialmolds.com or fusioneng@aol.com
ph 815-397-6069
fax 815-397-8813

In a message dated 9/30/99 12:37:12 PM Central Daylight Time,