Re: Short run plastic parts

From: Nick Osborn (Nick@swiftech.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 13:34:21 EEST

Dave

We can help with your project.

The Swiftool Rapid Tooling System has been developed specifically for this type of project (i.e. getting "Real Parts Real Quick!") of up to around 5,000 pieces. The size is no problem, and the curved surfaces sound like an ideal candidate for the process.

Basically, we take a suitably scaled RP or other physical master pattern, pour the Swiftool material against it to form the tool inserts, and go injection moulding. Slides, etc. can easily be incorporated as required - we aim to make the tool design as close to the final production tool design as possible, to help highlight any potential issues BEFORE you have to place the order for a production steel tool.

Please email a zipped binary STL file and we will quote you for 5,000 parts in the material of your choice.

Regards

Nick

Nick Osborn
Managing Director
Swift Technologies Ltd.
140 - 144 Station Road, March,
Cambs. PE15 8NH, UK

"Real Parts Real Quick - Because Time Is Money"

Tel: +44 (0) 1354 650 789
Fax: +44 (0) 1354 650 799
www.swiftech.co.uk

>>> "David Beaudet" <beaudet@pro-gressive.com> 28/09/99 17:55:49 >>>
I am looking for the most cost effective way of producing about 5000 plastic pieces with an envelope size of about 6x4x4 inches. I have made an RTV tool and produced urethane pieces in low quantity, but the new volume dictates a new method. The parts are very 3 dimensional looking with curved surfaces. Does anyone have a good rapid tool for this quantity.

Dave Beaudet