Re: Preparation of SL5220 models for vac casting

From: Martin CM Wong (IC) (icmwong@inet.polyu.edu.hk)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 04:38:52 EEST

Dear Chris,

According to our experience, you can either leave the SL5220 parts in room temperature for three days or put the parts in an oven at 50 deg C for three hours to fully cure the parts.

Regards,

Martin Wong
Industrial Centre
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Tel.: (852) 2766 7625
Fax : (852) 2334 4634
E-mail: icmwong@polyu.edu.hk

>>> "Chris Sutcliffe" <c.j.sutcliffe@liverpool.ac.uk> 09/15 9:13 PM >>>
Dear all

I've been having a lot of trouble with vac casting from SL5220 models. No matter how clean the models are they still seem to poison the silicone. Does anyone have any hints/tips for post processing 5220 models for vac casting.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Dr. Chris. Sutcliffe
Rapid Prototyping and Micromanufacture Research
Product Innovation and Development Centre
Department of Engineering
3 Brownlow St.
Liverpool L69 3GL

(0151) 794 8022 Direct