Re: Preparation of SL5220 models for vac casting

From: main (met-l-flo@met-l-flo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 19:15:11 EEST

Chris,

If you are pulling a Vac during the making of the mold this cause problems. We had problems with 5220 and could only assess that the vacuum was causing some sort of outgassing on the pattern.

We determined that by post curing in an oven and then by sealing with a barrier coat (Primer/Sealer) we were able to minimize the inhibition. An additional step we decided to add was to airbrush straight catalyst on the surface of the part (let set for a couple of hours) to neutralize the inhibitor and then mold.

Hope this helps,

Carl Dekker
"MAKING TOMORROW TODAY"
Rapid Prototyping Services
MET-L-FLO Inc.
www.MET-L-FLO.com
sales@met-l-flo.com
1(800)MET-L-FLO (638-5356)

P.S. Have you considered changing resin?