Off-topic: Official Disclaimer

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 10:10:56 EEST

Some of the lastest emails (from: elca7107@yahoo.com) you received seemed
to be sent to an account called 'elca@bart.lpt.fi'. I can assure you that
no such account exist in our system. When you take a closer look at the
header section, you'll notice that it was actually sent to rp-ml and we
have nothing to do with the email in guestion (Yes, that was Real Junk
Mail!).

Disclaimer follows:

--o--
Due to the amount of Spams, I feel it is appropriate to inform you all
this: We (the administrative personell at HUT Lahti centre, the University
or any part of it) can not be held responsible to any of
the emails sent through rp-ml. The actual Sender (i.e. the person who
sends email to rp-ml) is allways reponsible for his/her own contribution.
--o--

Here's a couple of things I'd like you all to read (just as a reminder to
all of us):

Quotes from the 'Welcome message' (i.e. part of the rp-ml policy):

There is no moderator. Your message WILL always be forwarded to everyone
on the list. Please read your message twice
before submitting it.

If you send a reply to an article from the list, it will by default be
sent to the original author only. If you wish to send your reply to the
list, you must change the recipient of your message to rp-ml@ltk.hut.fi.
Most mailers have a "reply to all" or "group reply" feature that will do
this automatically.

Once upon a time, it was felt by some that advertising on this mailing
list was not appropriate.

It is NOT, unless the message is INFORMATIVE, ie. it contains information
relevant to an issue being discussed, or it helps fullfill the
purpose of the mailing list.

For instance, it is entirely acceptable for a RP vendor to announce a new
product. We are all interested in the products the RP vendors
are placing on the market. I refrain from giving more examples, and I hope
common sense and tolerance prevail from those sending and
receiving such messages.

forbidden. Chain letters should not be sent in the Internet, and many
Internet Service Providers have accepted a policy of disabling accounts
that are caught sending chain letters. You have been warned.

We continue to do our very best to keep the list clean, informative and
most of all, Alive. If you have any comments, suggestions or such, please
feel free to contact yours truly (in private <rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi> or
publicly through rp-ml).

Yours truly

Hannu Kaikonen <rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi>