Re: Keltool As a Stamping Die?

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 22:22:44 EEST

Mark;
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but 3D Keltool would not be a very good
option for stampings dies. This is due to the way the sintering process is
done. Maybe for some prototyping, low volume, or low impact stamping. Forming
is probably no problem. As long as your not trying to coin frogs ** in. As a
cast material the repeated shock resistance is fairly low.
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering
** frogs are the little beveled counterbends placed stragically in stampings
to strengthen corner bends and prevent bend relaxation.

In a message dated 9/9/99 12:13:33 PM Central Daylight Time, tech@techok.com