NSF NATO Post Doctoral Fellowships

From: Brent Stucker (stucker@uri.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 19:22:24 EEST

RPML,

I came across this fellowship opportunity and thought I would pass it
on for citizens of NATO Partner Countries (defined below). If you are
from a NATO Partner Country and might be interested in going after one
of these fellowships for working at the University of Rhode Island in
Rapid Manufacturing research, let me know. Similarly, I would encourage
others involved in RP both in the U.S. and in these other countries to
take advantage of this opportunity -- cross-country collaboration can only
help our efforts.

Brent Stucker

NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION (NSF)

NATO POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS

The National Science Foundation is inviting applications for 12-month
postdoctoral research fellowships for beginning U.S. scientists,
mathematicians and engineers to conduct research in NATO partner countries
and scientists from NATO partner countries to pursue research in the U.S.

NATO Partner Countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus,
Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Latvia,
Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovak Republic,
Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, the former Yugoslav Republic of
Macedonia, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan. Citizens from the Czech Republic,
Hungary, and Poland are eligible to apply under the NSF-NATO Partner
country Fellowships for the period 1999 through 2001.

DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 15, 1999

FUNDING: $814,400 for 20 awards

ELIGIBILITY: U.S. scientists must have been awarded the doctorate after
Oct. 1, 1995.

Applications for scientists from NATO partner countries must be submitted
by eligible U.S. host institutions.

Individual foreign applicants must:

--identify a host sponsor;
--be citizens of a NATO partner country; and
--have been awarded the doctorate since Oct. 1, 1995

CONTACT:

Sonia Ortega
Tel: (703) 306-1697
E-mail: nsf-nato@nsf.gov

Internet:

           http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/1999/nsf99153/nsf99153.txt

Dr. Brent Stucker
Assistant Professor
University of Rhode Island
Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
ph: (401)874-5187
fax: (401)874-5540