Re: prototypes in NORYLGFN2SE1 by rapid tools?

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 21:24:58 EEST

Bart ;
    If you have a job you are considering for 3D Keltool we would be more
than happy to look at your job and can let you know if it is a good canidate.
Typically the type of plastic or diecast has little bearing since 3D Keltool
lasts as long as P20 steel. Currently the size limitation for 3D Keltool is a
part size 9" x 6" x 4". The material cost for 3D Keltool is very high so a
large part would have to be extremely complex to be cost affective in 3D
Keltool. Parts with simple geometry and very little EDM required can normally
be done cheaper with ultra-high speed machining (Makino class) which we do
also. Our typical delivery for inserts from customer supplied cavity masters
is typically 8-10 days. If we have to build the cavity masters the delivery
for inserts is typically 10-12 days. If you can have your local neighborhood
tool shop assemble the mold and finish the inserts (ie.. drill ejector holes,
screws, etc) This typically takes around 20-30 hours. Currently we don't
have any available manufacturing capacity in any of our 10 shops to build
complete molds for you but I can supply all the inserts you would want. You
can place the job through our facilities in USA or if you are more
comfortable working with one of our Swedish facilities thats fine too.
regards
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering
www.fusionrpt.com