Re: Iges, STL into Solid ???

From: Bert van den Berg (bert@hymarc.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 1999 - 16:10:57 EEST

There are 2 new programs that appear to do this (semi-automatically):
- Geomagic Shape (www.geomagic.com), and
- Paraform (www.paraform.com).

I recently saw a demo of Shape and was rather impressed. In ~20minutes,
an STL model (cast of an ear canal) was surfaced in 4 easy steps. It looks

worth exploring further.

I haven't yet seen Paraform, but the claims about it are equally
intriguing.

Additional to this list are the more interactive packages:
- surfacer (www.iware.com)
- SurfaceStudio (www.aw.sgi.com)
- metris (www.metris.be)
- Delcam, Cimatron, and a host of others ...

--
Bert van den Berg                   E-mail: bert@hymarc.com
Hymarc Ltd.                           http://www.hymarc.com