Re: autocad solid dwg.

From: Timothy J. Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 23:59:31 EEST

We have had a terrible time with ACAD IGES files, especially those from
AutoSurf. We have tried Solidworks, Ideas Masterseries, and Imageware
for an Autosurf Trimmed IGES file and still end up with trash. Files we
get as IGES from regular R14 solids or Designer seem to work better.

Tim Gornet Computer Aided Engineering Consultant
INTERNET: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
SLUGNET: Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292
PHONENET: (502)852-0714 FAXNET: (502)852-8890
Rapid Prototype Facility

>>> "Sales@MLF" <sales@met-l-flo.com> 08/30 3:45 PM >>>
To List: (spamers not included)

Can someone help explain why AutoCAD 3D iges surfaces would have
trouble converting into another software? I am trying to get a stl file
and seam to get garbage.

Thanks

Carl Dekker

"MAKING TOMORROW TODAY"