Automated Pricing for 3D Models

From: Craig Silverman (craigsilverman@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 09:52:43 EEST

Dear Readers,

I'm researching the feasibility of pricing 3D printed models using software.
Does anyone have any information on this subject?

Specifically, I'd like to know if there is any software available to read in
an STL file and automatically pull some key dimensions from it to be used in
an algorithm to calculate build time and price.

Also I am looking for any information on how to develop pricing algorithms
for 3D printers.

I am aware of build-time estimators for various rapid prototyping machines,
but none for 3D printers such as 3D Systems' ThermoJet, the Genisys Xs from
Stratasys, and the Z402 from Z Corp.

I would greatly appreciate any information.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Craig Silverman
craigsilverman@hotmail.com