General Info Need

From: John Makuch (John_Makuch@caradon.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 11:06:57 EEST

Apologies for the late reply to all that responded to my enquiry (below). Thanks
to all who did in a factual or amusing fashion.

My next question is:

How effective is the use of Reverse Engineering in a design process?

Caradon Mira are considering the purchase of a Co-Ordinate Measuring Machine
which will, largely, be at the disposal of New Product Develpoment. The use of
Reverse Engineering in this process is one of the main considerations for the
purchase of a CMM, however, we are not wholly convinced as to the advantages
this technique will bring to our product design and development and are
therefore unsure as to whether to invest, or not.

Is there anyone out there who can offer advise as to benefits, or otherwise,
Reverse Engineering can offer.

Thanks

John.

---------------------- Forwarded by John Makuch/Caradon Mira Limited/CARADON on