Re: Irrelevant mailing lists (fwd by owner)

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 09:17:45 EEST

>The verifier sends out an automated response to the e-mail address from
>which the subscription request originated. The recipient of that automated
>response must then copy and return to the list owner a string of characters
>that constitutes an "authorization key" for new subscriptions. This is an
>automated majordomo function and should be easy to institute.

Hannu,

    This looks like a good idea. I've been on a couple of other lists that
were not moderated (that takes a LOT of work) but that don't accept postings
from e-addresses that aren't signed up. This would reduce the occurance of
spam and would allow you to cut off addresses (such as amazon.com) that got
into the system through someone's mischief. You might want to think about
doing something like this.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns

Marshall@Ennex.com
Ennex Corporation, Los Angeles, USA, (310) 824-8700
www.Ennex.com