Fwd: Another TLA for you

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 14:55:52 EEST

>> What is IPT?
>In Germany, it stands for the Fraunhofer Institute for Production
>Technology (FhG-IPT) located in Aachen. They have been developing and

Terry,

This is true but the my list consists of RP technologies not places doing
development.
IPT is an interesting work done at Stanford using lasers to try and control
material properties.
The process is called Induced Phase Transformation- IPT and I believe it
will lead to many breakthroughs as it is applied to all types of materials
via all types of energy sources.

CU in SC always!

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://rafiki.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html