Friday Humor, a little early !

From: Mark Wynn (mwynn@yazaki-na.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 20:23:42 EEST

THE ENGINEER'S SONG

(SUNG TO THE TUNE OF THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES)

Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed,
A poor college kid, barely kept his family fed,
But then one day he was talking to a recruiter,
He said "They'll pay ya big bucks if ya work on a computer",
CADD that is ... CRT's ... Microstation;

Well the first thing ya know ol' Jed's an Engineer,
The kinfolk said "Jed move away from here",
They said "Dallas, Texas is the place ya oughta be",
So he drove until he felt the heat and humidity,
Summer that is ... no shade ... even your toenails sweat;

On his first day at work they stuck him in a cube,
Fed him a donut and sat him at a tube,
They said "Your project's late but we know just what to do,
Instead of 40 hours, we'll work you fifty-two!"
Overtime that is ... Unpaid ... Mandatory

The weeks rolled by and things were looking bad,
Some schedules got slipped and the boss was gettin' mad,
They called another meeting and decided on a fix,
They answer was simple, "We'll work him sixty-six"
Tired that is ... Stressed out ... No social life

Months turned into years and his hair was turning gray,
Jed worked hard while his life slipped away,
Waiting to retire when he turned sixty-four,
Instead he got called in and escorted out the door,
Laid-off that is ... Downsized ... Unemployed.

Ya'll come back as a contractor now, Ya heah?

Mark Wynn
Yazaki North America Inc.
Canton, Michigan
Phone: 734-983-1702