Student Projects Needed! - FDM 2000, Unigraphics, SolidWorks98+

From: James Folkestad (Folkestad@CAHS.Colostate.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 19:08:56 EEST

I am looking for "real world" projects (design problems) that graduate
students can use to learn about Unigraphics Solutions, SolidWorks98+, and
our Stratasys FDM 2000.

These could be projects in solid modeling, FEA (use of the Unigraphics - FEA
Module), Rapid Prototyping, and/or Rapid Tooling. I would like the emphasis
in RP and/or RT to center around the use of a FDM 2000 master.

If you have any design problems (which you have already completed), and
which may have provided you a unique learning experience -- and which would
be a good learning experience for students -- I would like to use them in
class.

An appropriate design problem would be one that is not - or no longer
proprietary. I would use the parameters established for your design problem
and have the students reinvent the design. I would need you to provide me
with design parameters and part drawing(s) or actual part(s).

If you have an ideas or questions please feel free to contact me at:

970-491-7823

Thank you for your time,

Jim Folkestad, Ph.D.
Colorado State University