RE: pdickens@dmu.ac.uk

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 16:04:25 EEST

Jan, et al:

My added comments are preceeded by %%%%%%%%%%

At 05:49 PM 8/10/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear Tom,
>
> Can you tell me more in detail which processes/technologies you will
>use when you mentioned:
>* Direct RP,

%%%%%%%%%% We destroy the RP pattern in our lost wax casting process.

>* by Indirect RP (rapid tooling)

%%%%%%%%%%%% We apply CAD to create cavity parts around customer's geometry,
build the RP patterns of the cavity parts, precision cast them in say H13,
fit them up, injection mold waxes of customer's geometry and precision cast
the waxes in customer's alloy of choice.

and

>* by our conventional Hard-Tooled precision casting processes

%%%%%%%%%%%% Read any book on precision casting.