Re: from rp person(india)

From: Rudolf Schenker (rudis@ibi.co.za)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 15:22:58 EEST

"Girish (APDAP)" wrote:

> hallo rp users.
> we have some problem in our machine i,e stratsys 1600.
> the problem is, there is certian level of offset occuring
> in the parts within 5mm of from the base layer.the part
> is displaced or offset only at 4 or 5mm layer level.
> thinking this could be the problem of SS button. we
> printed the SS button file.even then the problem is occuring.
> the offset is occuring in only y direction.
> could any of the users help me as soon as this mail is recievd out in
> knowing what exactly the
> problem is and solution for this.
> mail me back at girish@mecheng.iisc.ernet.in
> with regards
> girish (INDIA)
>
> _______________________.oOo__(_|_)__oOo.__________________________
> (_) (_)
> | | B.M.GIRISH | |
> | | APPLICATION ENGINEER VOICE - 3092284 (IISc) | |
> | | M.E.Dept.,APDAP - 3444993 (IISc) | |
> | | (IISc-TCS joint venture) | |
> | | IISc. BANGLORE - 6693967 (RES) | |
> | | EMAIL - girish@mecheng.iisc.ernet.in | |
> |_|______________________________________________________________|_|
> (_) /|\ (_)
> /_|_\

Dear Girish

I experienced the same problem some time ago.
I solved the problem by moving the STL file in the environment box, using
the Quick Slice software. My STL was sticking slightly over the environment
box and for some reason cause a bit of havoc. This may probably also happen
if one STL file overhang another STL file. There was no support so I did no
think that it would be a problem.

Hope it works for you as well!!

Good Luck

Rudolf Schenker(Reg.Eng.Tech.)