Re: LOM Lompoxy enquiry

From: Steve Farentinos (steve@pmli.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 15:14:56 EEST

Raymond,

We have made 50 or more sand castings with epoxy-coated LOM patterns on many
occasions. Of course, the durability of the pattern depends on the shape of
its features. Small finger-like protrusions and very thin walls may break, but
this is true of many pattern materials, including wood. It is a good idea to
be at the foundry during the casting process to closely watch the condition of
the pattern. As you know, LOM is easy to fix if it starts failing.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos
PML, Inc.