Re: Optical properties of castable clear materials

From: main (met-l-flo@met-l-flo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 15:34:22 EEST

Dev,

I am not aware of any actual testing on clear cast P.U. or Epoxy, however we have done a large variety of clear casting in P.U. and have not had any need to change the intended design of the part. Unless you are trying to identify mJ transfer across an open field, I would recommend using the refractive indexes of your production material and anticipate a minor variation from the production parts.

I do suggest you use a UV stabilized material (BJB 781,2,3&4). This may help provide consistent results during testing.

If there's anything else please ask.

Thank your

Carl Dekker

"MAKING TOMORROW TODAY"