Re: Seeking EDM and water-jet sources

From: Donald Rothwell (kurium@eskimo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 00:27:16 EEST

-----Original Message-----
From: Marshall Burns <Marshall@Ennex.com>
To: RP-ml@bart.lpt.fi <RP-ml@bart.lpt.fi>
Date: Monday, July 19, 1999 3:47 PM
Subject: Seeking EDM and water-jet sources

>Dear RPers,
>
> We are preparing a request for quote to go out to a number of
>fabrication sources that can do thin-walled structures. We would like to
>also submit the RfQ to a couple of sources that do EDM or water-jet
cutting.
>Do any of you have recommendations of good sources for these services?
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
>
>Best regards,
>Marshall Burns
>
>Marshall@Ennex.com
>Ennex Corporation, Los Angeles, USA, (310) 824-8700
>www.Ennex.com

>Marshall, I would like to introduce myself, I am Don Rothwell, an
Industrial design instructor at the Art Institute of Seattle. I have been
monitoring the RP list for some time now with great interest. I am currently
outlining a RP curriculum into our Industrial design technology program. I
am also currently working on contract with OMAX Corporation as their R&D
water jet cutter. My job with there is to determine the what is and what is
is not a good application for water jet cutting. I have come up with some
amazing results with some very strange requests. I would be more than happy
to talk to you about your specific problems or requests. For an overview
of water jet cutting take a look at www.omax.com. My Email there is
donr@omax.com, my personal email is kurium@eskimo.com. If you need
resources or venders Omax has a world wide net work of water jet job shops
and product distributors. I hope this helps.

Don Rothwell
AIS IDT instructor,
Omax lab,