RE: STL file control

From: Ping Fu (pfu@geomagic.com)
Date: Sat Jul 24 1999 - 17:55:00 EEST

I believe that Polywork from Innovmetrics has some polygon optimization
tool, not sure about given constrains, but maybe you can achieve the results
you want.

Another tool you can try is geomagic Decimator from Raindrop Geomagic
(www.geoamgic.com).
Again, you can not specify constrains, but it does do a good job in
proximating
the surface with large triangels and even angles. The accuracy is in general
better than the chord height tolerance scheme. STL file is OK.

Ping