0.025 SLA350 layer build

From: Andrzejewski, Jan (jan.rp@pera.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 13:07:44 EEST

What is the largest Cross Sectional Area (CSA) any one has built on a SLA350
at 0.025mm (0.001" one thou) layer build. (using SL5190 or other resins)

I have just built an intricate lattice structure that could only be sliced
at 0.025 layer thickness and after the second attempt to fine tune the
recoating, produced a very nice filigree part.

I would like a target that others have found difficult to build therefore
what CSA do I need to attempt?

It now posses a problem of who can investment cast these small
structures/cavities.
(dia. 0.3mm to 0.4mm structures with 1mm to 2mm cavities)?

Is there anyone out there that has developed investment slurry shelling and
subsequent removal that gives good detailed filigree metal parts.
(give indication of CSA to length ratio that has been achieved)

The team may have to increase the sizes of the structure on the CAD to
enable manufacture?

Jan Andrzejewski jan.rp@pera.com
PERA
Technology Centre
Nottingham Road
Melton Mowbray
Leicestershire
LE13 0PB
UK
Tel +44 (0) 1664 501501 Fax +44 (0) 1664 501556
Message Pager 01523 154184