RE: did we ever find out who subscribed rp-ml to all the spam lis ts?

From: Bauer Juergen (Juergen.Bauer@SPY.SIEMENS.DE)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 19:58:16 EEST

BJ,

There is a quite simple remedy not to be annoyed by spam robots in
newsgroups:
manipulate your "from" E-mail address, i.e from

your.name@company.com

no.spam.your.name@company.com or
your.name@company.com.nospam or
your.name@nospam.company.com ...

If someone (human) wants to reply directly, he would just leave away the
parts of the e-mail address that have obviously been added by you.
The others (robot) will have no success to reach you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen With kind regards

Juergen Bauer

Siemens Electromechanical Components
EC CS A PD, Siemensstr. 13, 67346 Speyer, Germany
phone: +49 6232 30 2501, fax: +49 6232 30 2110, email:
Juergen.Bauer@ec.siemens.de