RE: Sales Tips Newsletter

From: kevan_jones@cemcom.com
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 23:54:43 EEST

I tend to agree with you Karl,

I visually scan my rp-ml mail, both by header content, and in the preview pane
of my mail reader (Lotus Notes), and immediately mark for deletion any messages
which I do not have interest in, or have no relevance to the rp-ml (although I
do enjoy the jokes!). This is not a problem for me, as we have a full time ISDN
connection to the 'net, however people who are connecting via modem have the
additional time of downloading all of the SPAM before scanning it. A newsgroup
would allow download of headers only, with selective download of relevant
messages.

We need more input from the other members of the list to allow any kind of
progress to be made however. I was really expecting a flurry of replies today,
but the traffic has been pretty light. If that is an indication of how worried
people really are about the SPAM issue, then my feeling would be to leave things
as they are.

Assuming we DO decide on a Newsgroup, we would need a place to host it. Hannu,
step in here any time. How easy/difficult would it be to switch from a Mail List
to a NewsGroup format?

Kevan

KDenton@williams-int.com on 07/12/99 03:10:13 PM