explanation offended

From: b.Kooijmans@gearbox.prc.tno.nl
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 17:26:35 EEST

Hello fellow RP-mailers.

This morning I received the mail as you can read below. In the end it said
the known sentence "for more information about RP-mail etc." so I assumed it
came from the list. Apparently it was sent to me alone but somehow true the
list. I really hate spending time on this kind of crap, if these kind of
people get their way than mail without all kinds of filtering-tricks will
become a useless medium. That's why I replied so angry to the two
email-addresses in the mail. I also sent a CC to the mailing list to let
everyone know how I had reacted, no secret from me there! In the Netherlands
we like to be straightforward about our intentions. I hope no one from the
list is offended by me being offended!...
Both mail-addresses "bounced" anyway since they were cancelled by US.net
according to my "mailer-deamon".

So, back to business!!!

Greetings everybody,

N.M.J.P. Kooijmans, B.Sc.

Prototyping Engineer
Production Development Division
Oostsingle 209, P.O. Box 5073
2600 GB Delft, the Netherlands

Phone: +31 15 2608 729
E-mail: B.Kooijmans@ind.tno.nl
Fax: +31 15 2608 725

Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research.

LET US DO YOUR BULK E-MAIL ADVERTISING!!!
TIRED OF THE "IN YOUR FACE ADS" (BANNERS) STATISTICS SHOW THEY ARE NOT
WORKING. PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF THE FORCEFUL ADS EACH AND EVERYTIME THEY CLICK
ONTO A SITE. PUT YOUR AD DIRECTLY INTO THEIR MAILBOX, WHERE THEY CAN READ
IT AT THEIR LEISURE. OUR CLIENTS FIND INDIVIDUAL ADS WORK AND BRING TRAFFIC
TO THEIR SITE MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
THE WAY OF THE FUTURE FOR SUCCESS IN YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!
        **BEST BUY**NON-TARGETED MAILINGS** (WORLD-WIDE)
        100,000 - $175
        ½ million - $450
        1 million - $800
        2 million - $1200

Let our company do mailing for your product/service, newsletter/report,
seminar, convention or client list.
Over 71 million addresses on file and NONE were purchased from other CD's.
We extract our own addresses 7/24.
        ***Targeted mailings: ***
WE CAN TARGET ANYTHING ON THE NET!!!!
Why pay $.01 per addresses save LOTS OF $$$, we will mail your ad or you can
purchase the addresses and do your own mailing at your convience. Highly
targeted list:
        $250 per 50,000
        $1,500 per ½ million
Purchase the addresses, do your own mailing and save an additional 20% off
any of our prices.
***SPECIAL*** ½ million mailed to .net and .com (US addresses only)$750. A
savings of $750.
Only fresh addresses are sent. We extract when an order is placed. We DO
NOT use addresses extracted prior to your order.
We can extract by country, occupation, organizations, associations, product,
website/domain, state or megatags (keywords). If we can not search and
extract what you need, then nobody can. No one can target your mailing for
less.
For the fastest service, cheapest prices and cleanest mailings call our
processing and new accounts department at 904-282-0945, Monday - Friday. We
have been serving our clients since February, 1997.
Unlike other bulk mailers, you get what you pay for. Many other bulk
mailers DO NOT send out the amount of emails you pay, but we send 10% more
than ordered. If you want a copy of the addresses, they can be purchased
for an additional $50. Then if you want to follow up with another mailing,
you can do it yourself. Or if you want us to do a 2nd mailing to the same
addresses, the cost is ½ of the original cost. Give us a call for more
details.

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III by the 105th U.S. Congress committee this letter
can not be considered spam as long as we include:
Contact information & a Remove Link
To have your name removed please go to bring_info@usa.net
<mailto:bring_info@usa.net> .
Sender does not accept registered mail.