Re: RP

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 07:23:25 EEST

In a message dated 7/5/99 11:03:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
MLAB.ENGG@LUCASTVS.sprintrpg.ems.vsnl.net.in writes:

<< list,

 I would like to know whether it is possible to produce metal insert plastic
 parts directly in RP machine (FDM, SLA etc).

 has anyone being able to do it.

 sethu

Sethu:
My company is a very large insert mold maker. We have a method of making SLA
parts with metal terminal inserts grown within. However they are fairly
expensive (about triple a standard SLA price). The process is actually pretty
simple. If you need something prototyped with inserts you can contact us
directly. We also build production tooling.
regards
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering
Fusioneng@aol.com