RE: Elastomer for buttons

From: Smith Derek-EDS014 (Derek_Smith-EDS014@email.mot.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 20:45:26 EEST

Jim,

Not quite, although that is also possible and we have done just what you
describe (make the Actua mold to make the mold that molds the molded parts
<follow that?!>). Ok, back to what I published on the rp-ml. What we
primarily do is to print a wax mold that is used to cast the parts directly.
One time shot, and then the mold is destroyed into a pile of rubble or gooey
liquid. Either way, one time deal.

Good enough, good luck, good bye have a good 4th of July,

   ...eDerek

____________________________________

E. Derek Smith
Technology Scout