RE: Ceramics

From: Brent Stucker (stucker@uri.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 21:15:12 EEST

Michael and list,

I am working in ceramic metal composites right now and will soon be able
to build parts for others if you are interested. I am taking delivery of a
brand new SLS 2500plus on Monday, I have nearly completed the
installation of a very large, high-temperature, controlled-atmosphere
furnace that will allow me to process almost any ceramic and/or metal
you would need, and I am taking delivery later this summer of a Laser
Engineered Net Shaping machine. Thus, in a few weeks I will be able to
make parts on my SLS machine and process them in my furnace to
full density and, by the end of the summer, I can make fully dense
metals and ceramics directly using the LENS process without furnace
processing.

I am currently working on advanced material fabrication using RP and its
application to production tools for injection molding, die-casting and
electrical discharge machining. If anyone is interested in these
capabilities or what I'm doing here at the University of Rhode Island,
send me a message and I'd be happy to fill you in on the details.

Brent

P.S. I've been using an older SLS machine and a smaller furnace for
5+ years now. Until the recent acquisitions, however, I have not had the
excess capacity that would allow me to make parts for companies.
Dr. Brent Stucker
Assistant Professor
University of Rhode Island
Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
ph: (401)874-5187
fax: (401)874-5540