Re: pediatric jawbone or skull CAD model

From: Rudolf Schenker (rudis@ibi.co.za)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 09:57:52 EEST

Thomas G Loebig wrote:

> Hello all,
> I've been off the list some time, so please accept by humble apologies if I'm
> resurrecting an old thread.
>
> I am looking for a CAD model of a pediatric human mandible (lower jaw bone,
> preferred) or a full skull. I couldn't find any in the rp-ml archives, or by
> surfing the web.
>
> I found a skull at Clemson's ftp site, assumed that it is an adult skull, and
> have yet to download it due to its size (16Mb) and my company's lack of
> bandwidth. So before I did that, I want to know if anyone has pediatric data
> that I can use or convert to CAD format (Solid Edge v6, IGES, Parasolid, STL
> that I can convert, etc.) Ideally, I need the mandible of a 2 to 5 year old,
> normal or with congenital defects.
>
> Please respond with availability, data format, and pricing. All confidentiality
> will be preserved, I just need generic data.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> Thomas G. Loebig tgloebig@stargate.net
> Mechanical Design Engineer
> Metamorphic Surgical Devices, Inc.
> 660 William Pitt Way
> Pittsburgh, PA 15238
> (412) 826-5300, FAX (412) 826-5301

Dear Tom

I can supply you with the mandible of a 41 year old female as well as a 2 year old
boy. The female was a dental implant patient and the boy a cranio facial patient.
The mandible is also defected.

I can supply you the data on CD and it can be courier to you in about five days. I
will still need to reprocess the data for you. STL format can be supplied. IGES
can also be supplied, but it will be line segments in layers of x-sections as the
patient was scanned.

I can Email you JPEG if you are ready to place an order.

Cost - to be confirmed US$ incl. Shipping.

 Please fell free to contact me with any queries.

Regards
Rudolf