Geometrical errors of SLS parts

From: Chuck Kirschman (Chuck.Kirschman@bentley.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 17:51:55 EEST

There are some references for SLA parts; many pieces may be applicable to
you. I don't think I published this paper anywhere, but it is available in
postscript from

http://rafiki.vr.clemson.edu/credo/papers/abstracts/abs_sla_err.html

I believe that parts of it were used in the CAD journal article that also
expanded on some software errors (common to all STL-based systems)

http://www.mcb.co.uk/services/conferen/dec95/rapidpd/fadel/fadel.htm

Hope this helps
chuck

----------------------------------

Dear RPML;

I am a research student working on analysis of geometrical errors in
SLS part. I have to develop a mathematical model to describe such
errors. As a result, I would like to know and have information
concerning about any errors such as part disorientation, layer
dislocation, layer displacement, and so on... , which might be
occurred during either fabrication process or data preparation
process.

I would be very appreciated if someone can let me know any
information or a person whom i can talk to.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Seksak Asavavisithchai