RE: reverse-engineering

From: Anshuman Razdan (razdan@asu.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 10:51:39 EEST

Try CT Scanning based method. I dont think any laser digitizer can capture
at a resolution of .01mm. Somebody might have to make a custom scanner for
such a small device.

On an interesting side note... At the SME Rev Eng conf in Cleveland a few
weeks ago Greg Hanna (I forget the name of the company) was showing a point
laser digitizer measurement system that had the accuracy to .001 mm or
better. However, the system wasnt set up as a complete digitizing system.
Some metrology machines may be able to scan at that small scale like a
surface scanner.

AR