re: QuickCast vs solid

From: Andrzejewski, Jan (jan.rp@pera.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 18:54:41 EEST

PERA is an SLA350 with SL5190 resin user:

A comparison time for the same part built in ACES and then QuickCast one
after the other so that there was little difference between laser power of
the two builds was 14 hours for the ACES part and 12 hours for the QuickCast
part.

The QuickCast does take a little longer to clean up and it is normal for us
to coat the model with paint primer for the reason that surface detail is
difficult to see compared with a solid model and as a barrier to the higher
rate of moisture absorption of QuickCast parts.

So we rarely use QuickCast build to save on resin and laser time costs.

But we did on a Big Mother_of_a_ build of a full size Bust of a human head.

Jan Andrzejewski jan.rp@pera.com
PERA
Technology Centre
Nottingham Road
Melton Mowbray
Leicestershire
LE13 0PB
UK
Tel +44 (0) 1664 501501 Fax +44 (0) 1664 501556
Message Pager 01523 154184