Metal rp, succes stories needed...

From: Henri Koukka (koukka@ltk.hut.fi)
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 10:49:18 EEST

Dear all,

I'd like to know different ways to get metal parts/moulds using rp (direct
or indirect). Process chains how parts were done would help me lot. Here
follows exampeles...

Wax pattern (rp) -> investment casting
Direct Aim mould -> injection moulding of waxes -> investment casting
Sand cores and cavities (SLS, EOSINT S) -> sand casting
SLS of metals
Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
etc.

These were quite familiar examples. Let me know your wildest ideas how to
get metal parts. If you have any succes stories about your projects on the
web let me know...

Cheers
Henri

PS. The (ultimate) list about rp-methods I've been gathering can be found
on http://ltk.hut.fi/~koukka/RP/rptree.html . Thanks for all those friends
(especially Elaine, Marshall, Juergen, Ray, Dave, Wei Feng...) who helped
me when I created it. If you feel there is some absencies on the list tell
it to the mouse at the end of the page.

Henri Koukka
Researcher Tel: +358-3-5250 214
Helsinki University of Techn. Mobile: +358-40-579 5757
Lahti Centre Fax: +358-3-5250 204
Saimaankatu 11 Email: koukka@ltk.hut.fi
FIN - 15140 LAHTI
FINLAND