Re: High Temp Urethanes and Rotomolding

From: Glyn Churchman (scargo@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 01:01:59 EEST

As a urethane molder and prototyper, the highest temperature material I am aware of that
might be suitable for your rotomolding application would only be rated at 265F @ 66 psi.
Addition of some fillers could bring it up a bit but you are still far away from your 400F
requirement. An epoxy could possibly work, but might be too brittle for your
application. There are some exotic aerospace thermoset materials that have high temp
properties but they are very costly and semi to difficult to process. Rotomolding
thermosets can be done, but is part geometry driven and trickier to build up a uniform
thick wall. Not exactly the same as rotomolding thermoplastics.

Glyn@Prototech, Inc.