DeskProto Version 2.0, or Re: High speed machining from STL's

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 11:17:48 EEST

At Wednesday 12-05-99, Brad Fox wrote:
>RP-ML'ers:
>
>I'm looking for some good feedback on high speed machining off of STL files.
>Is DeskProto the only software available that is generating cutter paths
off STL's?

Dear List,

Thanks for mentioning DeskProto as the de-facto standard for
machining STL files ;-)

Obviously more CAM software with the same capability is available,
the big difference will be both the price and the ease-of-use at the one
side versus the offered functionality at the other. Unfortunately it is
impossible to combine both much funtionality and great ease-of-use in one
product. We have made our choice, and dependant on your application
and your budget you should make yours.

This email is meant to inform all list member who have downloaded a
DeskProto demo in the past:
Now Desproto VERSION 2.0 is available !

You can download a fully functional 30 days trial version from our
Website, and machine your own prototypes during this period.

Actually we are very proud of this new version. At the danger of using
the list for spamming purposes, I will mention some of the new features
using keywords only. Download and try to see all.
Fully optimised 32 bit software (improvement in calculation speed factor
10 to 30)
Open GL graphics (faster, real-time rotations, fine renderings)
More milling strategies
VRML input
Inverse milling (male-female)
etc.

Looking forward to receiving your comments,

Best regards,

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling.

mailto:info@spline.nl --- website: http://www.deskproto.com