Re: NEW Message: Part 2 of Converting *.dxf to *.stl

From: Bharath Vasudeva Rao (bharath@asu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 22:18:21 EEST

Hi Mitchell
I have access to Autocad R14, if u can email me that file, i can open the .dxf
and convert it to STL for you.

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Mitchell J. A wrote:

> Hello RPML,
>
> Thank you for your response to my posted message. Unfortunately, I still
> have a few questions. In the previous message I stated that the *.dxf file
> is a scanned image. It is a wireframe without 3dface elements.
> Therefore, neither Solidview nor RP-Magics will load the file along with
> most of the downloadable software. My question is how do I create the
> 3dface elements (Autocad??), then what will be the best software to create
> a well formed *.stl file?
>
> I believe Autocad can access the file, thus I can send the file to anyone
> who has that CAD package.
>
> Thank you in advance for your time,
>
> J. Mitchell
> MSOE-RPC
> SLS Operator
> (414)-277-7189

"When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling -
live your life so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone around
you is crying"

Bharath Vasudeva Rao Residence
Research Assistant 950, South Terrace Road,#A304,
Partnership for Research in Stereo Modeling Tempe,
Arizona State University Arizona 85281, USA
Office (602) 965-7830 Home (602) 446-9259