RE: Sizing up a customer by their mode of dress

From: Hurley, Lynda J (lynda.j.hurley@lmco.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 14:54:24 EEST

How did we go from a woman being ignored, to someone who was shabbily
dressed being ignored. Nowhere in the original message did it mention that
this woman was shabbily dressed. Somewhere in all of these message the
original observation has been lost. This WOMAN was stating that SHE was
being ignored, and not because of the way SHE was dressed, but she felt that
because SHE was a WOMAN they were ignoring HER. Wake up GUYS! What we are
trying to tell you all is that it's time to come out of of the dark ages and
pay attention to ALL potential customer regardless of gender.

I run 5 SLA machines for the largest defense industry in the U.S. and I have
the largest SLA lab in that industry. Guess What??? I AM WOMAN (hear me
roar....).

Lynda Hurley
Engineer/CIM
Lockheed Martin