RE: OFF TOPIC: The great "Gas Out"

From: stephen.windsor@roverpte.demon.co.uk
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 10:47:50 EEST

Dear List

Whilst I don't want to fuel the discussion much further, the fuel duty
in the UK is 85% of the pump price. On a (UK) gallon of unleaded petrol
that means US$4.32 in tax (or US$5.20 on a US gallon).

On behalf of the automobile industry, please don't let the price of
fuel and tax stop you from buying those nice shiny new cars !!!

Steve Windsor

Rapid Prototyping & Tooling
Rover Group
University of Warwick