Requesting Advice/Suggestions on Post-Processing of SLS Duraform

From: Mitchell J. A (mitchelj@msoe.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 21:07:01 EEST

Hello, my name is J. Mitchell and I am a graduate student SLS operator
at the Rapid Prototyping Center at the Milwaukee School of Engineering. I
have a few questions to ask concerning the finishing and coating methods
of Duraform parts.

1) DTM offers an acrylic dip that is supposed to improve sealing and
   surface finish. Has anyone experienced with this product?

2) What brand of primer and paint w/ clear coat/lacquer enamel works well
   on Duraform parts?

3) Is there a brand of epoxy coating with a very thin consistency
   available on the market?

One more thing...

4) Is there a *.stl file repair/correction & diagnostic software available
   on a NT or Windows work station?

I thank you in advance for your time and advice.

Sincerely,

J. Mitchell
MSOE-Rapid Prototyping Center
SLS Lead Operator