Re: Order Prototypes on the Internet?

From: Christian LAVIGNE (lavigne@toile-metisse.org)
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 06:50:39 EET

Randy Rua a écrit:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am a student at the University of Southern California and I am
> researching the use of the internet to order rapid prototypes.

Randy,

as a "RP-artist" I have a CyberGallery on line with telesculptures for sale.

Have a look to http://www.toile-metisse.org/cl/

It's an experiment. The main problem is not technical but legal:
if someone purchse an STL sculpture, I don't know how many objects he will built
with his RP device / 3D printer.
In France, a sculpture must be produce in 10 copies at the maximum.
So, telesculpture is a new kind of sculpture that require a new kind of law.

Recently, I was surprised and shocked to see a small RP-sculpture from B. Collins
exhibited on a stand in a computer trading show, among other RP parts, without any
mention of the author.

Perhaps it's a topic for the the RP-list to discuss about the intellectual property
and protection of 3D objects.

Bien cordialement.

**********************************
 Christian LAVIGNE
**********************************
Président de Toile Métisse
Secrétaire Général d'Ars Mathématica
Co-fondateur d'INTERSCULPT
http://www.toile-metisse.org/cl/
lavigne@toile-metisse.org
*
écrivain & artiste multimedia
robosculpture & télésculpture
conseil technologique
création de sites web
*
1, Cour de Rohan, 75006 Paris, France
tel: 33 (0)1 43 26 45 85 . fax: 33 (0)1 40 46 82 02
*
INTERSCULPT
http://www.toile-metisse.org/intersculpt/
*