Re: Origin of an image, CT 'n tooling

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 23:18:53 EET

In a message dated 99-03-18 04:02:41 EST, suokas@bart.lpt.fi writes:

<< I know this isn't that closely related to RP, but I couldn't think of a
 better way to ask this than RP-ML:
 Does anyone know a website with the image attached to this email? I've
 downloaded it months ago and now I would like to ask a permission to use it
 in my diplomawork (about RE) as a description of CT, but I can't find it
 anymore. So if some of you happens to know where this is from, please let
 me know...Or, if you have a similiar image - describing the basics of CT -
 available, I'd be happy to use that instead.

 Also, if any of you have a demo-case about CT assisted rapid tooling, I
 would be very pleased if I could read it and describe the case briefly in
 my work. I already have the "CT-Assisted Rapid Tooling" - article by J.H.
 Stanley and R.N. Yancey of ARACOR and it looks pretty good, but there must
 be some others also available? I don't need anything fancy, since my
 diplomawork is about RE in general - not about CT, I will only write a page
 or so about CT assisted Rapid Tooling.

 TIA, Juha Suokas

Dear Juha:

I don't know where the image comes from, but one neat way of finding a lot of
images fast is to use AltaVista's picture search feature from their main menu.
This will download thumbnails of thousands of photos that can be quickly
scanned for a match. Clicking on a thumbnail will then take you to the source
URL. Also try searching for the original file name as a text string; that
sometimes works, too.

Other search sites have similar capabilities, but I've found AV easiest so
far.

Regards,
Ed

Ed Grenda