Re[2]: disposal of empty resin can

From: lblasch@opw-fc.com
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 09:14:33 EET

     List,

     The design of the 4kg metal can that the SLA resin comes in creates a
     liquid trap at the joint where the lid is attached, so no matter how
     long you up-end the can it never completely drains.

     But I found a method that works very well for getting the last of the
     resin out and reduces the waste.

     A large syringe with a vinyl hose extension will reach down into the
     can and let you draw most of the remaining resin out. Just tip the can
     at a 45 degree angle and let it sit an hour and the resin collects. I
     can usually get 1.5 - 2oz of resin out of a can that had previously
     been drained overnight.

     By the way, the syringe works great for adding and removing small
     amounts of resing when setting up the machine. I get them from the
     company nurse, she orders them from a medical supply catalogue.

     I also cure the inside of the can by cutting off the plastic spout and
     setting it under a 150w spotlight overnight. I made a frame to fit
     under my PCA to do this.

     I am jealous of those of you who live in sunny climates that can set a
     can out side. Around here it would never cure.

     Sincerely,

     Larry Blasch
     Systems Administrator for Engineering Services

     OPW Fueling Components E-Mail:lblasch@opw-fc.com
     P.O. Box 405003 Voice: (513) 870-3356
     Cincinnati, OH 45240-5003 USA Fax: (513) 870-3338

     * "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else." *