FW: Another Regulation?????

From: Denton, Karl R. KD1588 (KDenton@williams-int.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 21:25:00 EET

Hello all,

I received an email about this several months ago and wrote to my
congressional representative Joe Knowlenberg. I received a response from
him about 4 weeks ago and in it he stated that the bill coming up before
congress DOES NOT include verbiage the would indicate that the phone
companies are asking for rate changes based on internet access. In my
point to him I stated the following: There is no difference in a call to
the Internet for several hours and my wife calling her sister and talking
for several hours! Not only that, there is NO WAY for the phone company
to distinguish between the two! For various Internet service providers
to willingly give routing information to the phone companies would be
like letting GM into Ford's design center. Not likely to happen!

Having said the above everybody should write their congressional
representative as the phone companies have very strong lobbyists in
Washington and I'm sure that it won't be long before they do try to
acquire some form of your money just to gain access to the Internet!

Karl Denton