Fw: progress?

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Feb 27 1999 - 01:37:53 EET

I graduated from a manufacturing engineering curriculum where we basically
lived in the machine and welding shops and when we designed tools on CAD we
were expected to do the CNC program to make the tools, inspect the tool, and
then make parts off of the tools and inspect them. Even this kind of
training seems to be a bare minimum anymore because there is so much to
learn and only 4-5 years to do it in during school, plus the rapid pace of
new technology aggravates the problem even further, especially when the shop
equipment (if there is any!) in most schools is typically 10-20 years old.

Glenn Whiteside