Re: progress?

From: Scott -Scooter- Sutterer (ssutter@pdmfg.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 19:44:07 EET

Why is it that these important, basic, and general things are not being taught
to engineering students. Its seems to me that these are skill needed in nearly
any job a mechanical engineer would go into. In many companies I see today the
mechanical engineers are sitting at the CAD terminal. The because of design
packages like PRO - E the job of the drafter has been molded into the
mechanical engineers job.
I see many other classes that would be more useful to a mechanical engineers
then calculus 3. What is mechanical engineers degree really for?
To teach you how be a mechanical engineer.
To prepare you for a job in the field.
An expensive way to learn vast quantities of math.

I see many highly qualified mechanical engineers being hired because of their
degree to do the job of a drafter/designer. Something they only took 1 or 2
classes for.

--
#######             Scott "Scooter" Sutterer
#####\_O            Premier Design & Mfg. Co.